Updated: Jul 17, 2018
You no doubt started the year like we all did, hopeful and anticipating great things. Here you sit less than 8 weeks away from December 31 and I wonder if you, like me, like many of us, did not accomplish all that you set out to do when you inked your new calendar in January 2017.
So what are your options? You could throw your hands up in despair and resign yourself to the fact that this is all much harder than you thought and just accept that this is as good as it gets...
OR you could face the barriers that seem to block you and obstacles that have overwhelmed you, and put a 7 Week Finish Strong Strategy in place. Then, you can push through to the end of the year, determined wrap it up well, and get a jumpstart on January and your 2018 trajectory.
So, here are a few things that I propose you do right now:
1. Map out your mission. Each week choose the actions and most important tasks that will take one step closer to what you want to accomplish, cutting the fluff and clearing the clutter as you go.
2. Name your nemesis. Is it technology, know-how, the right connections and relationships, cash-flow, organization and/or project management? Call it what it is so you can tackle it with confidence.
3. Confront your culprits. Is it scrolling through Facebook, playing Candy Crush, zoning out in front of the TV, or any other distraction that calls you away from taking the bull by the horns and taking the next step in the direction of your goals and dreams.
4. Tap into your Team. So what that you don’t have staff or employees, that doesn’t matter. There are people all around you that will come along side of you to help you get things done. Pay, partner, barter or trade your way there. Call, FaceTime, Zoom, or coffee meeting your way there. Just get there. Get in touch with those who know better and do better at that thing than you do. I promise you, it will turbocharge and catapult you forward in ways DIYing yourself there, never will.
5. Let your genius be your guide. Do you want a rinse and repeat, same old, same old for the coming year? I didn’t think so! That means you will have to get ruthless with yourself and courageous enough to dig into the place that is truly your best and what the marketplace is longing for you to step up and deliver. Make a list of what lights you up and what doesn’t, where you shine and where you don’t. Pay attention, because what you uncover in the next 7 weeks, is critical to how you kickoff the New Year.
6. Stay true to you and true to your tribe. Remember to stay in alignment with yourself and the products and services you deliver, making sure that you are serving to the utmost those who have trusted you with the patronage. It’s ok, especially at this time of year, to make a naughty and nice list, best and worst client list. Who’s getting past your red velvet rope in 2018? Decide, seek them out, and give them your best.
7. Take care of you, while you take care of business. In the midst of trying to finish well, we’ve got a couple of holidays thrown in there and you will want to take time to pause and celebrate with those we love. Do that! Take the time. Be gracious with yourself. Too often I hear people tell me they were doing XY and Z and then life got in the way. Newsflash! This is life! Holidays, deadlines, family needs and time for friends through good times and bad. AND in the midst of all of that you’re growing a flourishing business. There is no easy button, pause button or escape hatch, this is us! So let’s make the most and the best of it every step of the way.
A new year is right around the corner and with it comes great possibility and opportunity. Let’s not let the things we didn’t do in 2017 keep us from the things we will do in 2018.
Let’s finish strong and start even stronger! I’d love to help with that in anyway that I can, so let’s grab a call together to see how I can assist you with your 6 Week Finish Strong Strategy and outstanding entrepreneurial journey!
To your OUTRAGEOUS success,